Umatilla Indian Nation welcomes Long Walk 3 northern route in Oregon. Photos by Christina Akaquiqui, published with permission. Photo 2: Long walker Willow on crutches now, walked all the way across America in 2008. Photo 3: Western Shoshone Carl Bad Bear Sampson, in front, is on his second Long Walk across America. Bad Bear was also on the 2008 northern route. More photos and videos on Censored News Homepage: http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com
Censored News Special Edition
- Navajo: Remove John McCain from Senate Committee o...
- Penn: Long Walk to Carlisle US Army War College 20...
- Photos Umatilla Indian Nation Long Walk 3
- Agent Orange tested and stored in US, and BC, prio...
- Photos Long Walk 3 Pechanga to Soboba
- Subcomandante Marcos: Mexico's Drug War
- Derechos Humanos Corazon de Justicia Awards 2011
- Struggles for land and justice: Splitting the Sky ...
- AIM West Report Feb 2011
- Internet's New Highway: Writing for free takes a d...
- Roberto Rodriguez: How far can Arizona secede?
- A Night of Native Rock celebrating Grammy week
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2010 (247)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ► 2008 (285)
Censored News Homepage
About Censored News
Censored News is published by censored journalist Brenda Norrell. A journalist for 27 years, Brenda lived on the Navajo Nation for 18 years, writing for Navajo Times, AP, USA Today, Lakota Times and other American Indian publications. After being censored and then terminated by Indian Country Today in 2006, she began the Censored Blog to document the most censored issues. She currently serves as human rights editor for the U.N. OBSERVER & International Report at the Hague and contributor to Sri Lanka Guardian, Narco News and CounterPunch. She was cohost of the 5-month Longest Walk Talk Radio across America, with Earthcycles Producer Govinda Dalton in 2008: www.earthcycles.net/
COPYRIGHTS All material is copyrighted by the author or photographer. Please contact each contributor for reprint permission. email@example.com
Audios may not be sold or used for commercial purposes.
"O FRIEND! In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold." --Baha'u'llah, Baha'i Faith